Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Web casts

It's been almost 4 years since we have done a web cast. We were an early adopter using a vendor called MShow and later WebEx. At the time the technology was slides over the internet and a phone line for the audio. Unfortunately the person who was our expert retired and we lost the in house champion.

I'm now looking at reviving the use of web casts and am trying to pull together a pilot for the end of October. I've looked at two vendors. It appears that the technology is mature enough to do both the presentation and audio over the internet. However, from one vendor I understand there is a delay between changing the slides and what actually appears on the screen. I also heard comments on vendors not providing a full-screen look at the slides. Costs also seem to vary quite substantially.

I'm still pulling questions to ask together. Any experiences with these technologies, please let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home