Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Effective presentations

Today's a crazy day. It seems like everything that I've been working on is finally taking off, which is good. However, it seems like I'm in meetings all the time.

today's thought starts with a webinar I participated in on succession planning sponsored by an organization called Saba. Being incredibly busy, I was hoping to hear some very practical tips, with information I could use immediately. Unfortunately like most presentations I've seen recently, the presentation focused on why succession planning is needed, with little information on how to accomplish this.

Presenters need to ask themselves one question: What can participants use following the presentation?

This goes back to my definition of knowledge being "usable information." In terms of a presentation, can people take action based on what they hear? The background is nice, but the focus should be on usable information. In applying the 80:20 rule, 80% should focus on usable information.

Enough said for today.


5 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Blogger swissred said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger anna said...

I really enjoyed the content on your blog about succession planning will be back very frequently! I actually have my own succession planning exposed blog with all kinds of stuff in it. You�re welcome to com by

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger amber said...

I appreciate your information on succession planning. I just bookmarked your site and will be back regulalry to keep on top of it. Please check out my blog on succession planning exposed - I'd really appreciate it

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger jasmine said...

I love your information on Content Management System I bookmarked your blog and will be back soon. If you want, check out my blog on Content Management System Exposed - please come by

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog! A real pleasure to read! Do you know that Traffic Portals will really boost your conversion rates and generate exclusively yours leads? We offer VOIP webinars - Marketing Courses Using Web Conferences about Traffic Portals I also have a website that talks about various high profile topics such as Retirement and includes an eBusiness Directory. I also would like to tell all of you reading this terrific blog about Retirement that should you be in need of a terrific host for a serious eCommerce Website that www.Kiosk.ws is Awesome Hosting value! They have the best online support team for all of your technical questions and a 3 minute emergency pager too. Looking to start your own affiliate program? They have an excellent script for you! They give you $70,000 dollars worth of software to build just about any type of e-commerce website you need! Go check it out if you get a chance. You can make more money than you spend and Create Free Will for Yourself! Again, Great Blog! Thanks. The info on Retirement Sooner was very informative!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home